September 13, 2017
Hello GILA Parents and Guardians
Attached is a copy of our application to serve on Galena Interior Learning Academy’s Parent Advisory Council.
This is an important group that meets monthly by teleconference.
- Our PAC (Parent Advisory Council) was established for the following purpose:
- Help get school information out to parents (from the PAC member’s region).
- Serve as a contact for other GILA parents and guardian’s (from the PAC member’s region) to share ideas or to ask questions which will be brought back to school administration during our monthly meetings.
- Serve in an advisory role to help school administration maintain and improve services to our families and students.
- Eight people will be selected to serve on this committee.
- We try to find GILA parents or guardians from all of our state regions.
If you are interested, please fill out the attached application form and either fax it to 907-656-4589 or email it to me at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> . If you were a PAC member during the 2016-2017 school year and you would like to continue your service then please indicate this on your application. Past involvement is so greatly appreciated but does not guarantee representation on the 2017-2018 Parent Advisory Council.
Thank you so much for choosing to share your student with us! We are off to a great year. Please don’t hesitate to call school administration, dorm staff, or teachers with any questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.
Principal of Boarding School Operations, GILA
907-656-2053 ext. 108