Greetings, Happy Holidays!
We are rolling right along. I cannot believe how fast time has flown by this semester. Very soon students will be heading out for winter break. We want to wish everyone very safe travels and a wonderful holiday season.
We have finals December 7th – 16th. Some students that are flying commercial flights head out on the 17th with the rest of students traveling out on charters on the 19th. We have staff in-service in January. Students come back to GILA on the 19th of January. We are anticipating at least a 14 day quarantine when students return. They will start school distance delivery from their rooms.
As a reminder students cannot take the school issued computers home for winter break. The computers will be here for them when they return.
Thanksgiving dinner was at the Two Seasons dining hall for all students and staff, the staff did an amazing job.
It at any time you have any questions, please give me a call or email me.
From our family to yours happy holidays, please stay safe out there.
Yours in education,
Director of Residence Life
Important Upcoming Dates:
- December 7-16: Finals
- December 17-19: Students depart GILA
- January 19: Students return to GILA this week
Provide a nurturing environment through building relationships with our residents so they may develop into caring, productive members of their communities
As a staff we hold these values to heart as we interact and give guidance to the young people we serve. These are values we hold to bolster in every student.
• Know they are loved
• Progress toward becoming positive contributors in their communities
• have an opportunity to build character
• develop life skills
• learn healthy habits
• learn how to make healthy choices
• experience a loving environment
• learn to value others above selfishness
• learn more about how to be self governing
• learn how to bounce back from hard times (resiliency)
• understand servant leadership
• believe they can be productive in their communities
• be able to identify their gifts and dreams/goals
• receive tools to succeed in life